Mumbles Community Council has an on-going programme of road safety work to address issues identified by you, our residents. These are some of the works that have been or are being done over this year and next:
- Parking restrictions on West Cross Lane / Alderwood Road
- Double yellow lines on Castle Road, Oystermouth and the corner of Whitestone Lane, Newton
- Dropped kerb outside Paraclete Chapel, Newton Road
- Safe crossing on Fairwood Road for children at Mayals School
- Safety measures on West Cross Lane to improve safe crossing for children at Llwynderw, Grange and St. David’s Schools
- Parking restrictions behind the Rock and Fountain off Summerland Lane Thanks to our City Councillors and residents who have supported us with getting these safety issues addressed.
To support these measures we have listened to you, the residents, about the constant dangerous and illegal parking issues across the four wards and next year we will be trialling the contracting of a dedicated Traffic Enforcement Officer for the MCC area. Whilst most parking issues arise around Newton Road, we know that there are also issues regarding park- ing in residential streets across the area and so we will be making sure that the Officer works across all the known trouble spots. If you have a problem with persistent dangerous or illegal parking, please let us know and we can make sure the officer visits your area.