Marketing and Events Planning Assistant
For further details and application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org👈
Mumbles Community Council represents the four wards of Mayals, Newton, Oystermouth and West Cross. The council represents the people of Mumbles, supports local organisations, improves the street scene and the environment and provides enhanced services. One of the activities of the Council is to run a series of events, either by themselves or working with other local community organisations. They are looking to contract a suitable person to support the Community Council in the planning, organizing and bookings for these events.
The contract would for be up to a year starting in April 2019 and would require flexible working on a part-time basis with more work being required in the run up to major events and less work at other times of the year.
The events planned for the year are:
June – MumblesFest summer music event
September – Mumbles Food Festival and Oyster Fair
December to January – 4 Community parties plus young people’s disco
March – St David’s Day Event and Dragon Parade
Spring/Summer term – Schools Competition
Throughout the year – 4 Environmental activities/walks
This post would suit a new graduate or similar. MCC would expect the successful candidate to have a degree, ideally in Event Management and/or Marketing or to demonstrate a good understanding of Events marketing and management.
The contractor would be directed by the Chair of the Marketing, Media and Events (MME) committee and day to day supervision of the contractor would be from the Clerk to the council.
The contractor would primarily work at the council office in Walters Crescent, Mumbles but may also be asked to work from home and on site. They would also be expected to attend council meetings as required and to attend the events being held throughout the year. The contract would be for up to 360 hours across the year at £10 per hour.
1. To plan, market and promote the programme of events throughout the year beginning April 2019.
2. To research into suitable venues, companies and individuals to provide all services for the events including getting the necessary quotations.
3. To prepare the necessary licences and permissions required by Swansea Council for submission by the RFO/Clerk.
4. To take responsibility for liaising with local businesses and other organisations to participate, exhibit or take stalls at the events.
5. To research into suitable musical and other acts as appropriate to perform at the events.
6. To ensure that all insurances and health and safety considerations had been addressed.
7. To work with other community organisations to assist with joint events.
8. To work with UWTSD students and staff on events where they are working with MCC.
9. To work with the Social Media Consultant contracted by the council to market and promote the events.
10. To attend meeting of the MME committee and full council as required. This would involve evening work.
11. To attend the events being held throughout the year. This would involve evening and weekend working.
12. To attend regular meetings with the Chair of MME and the Clerk to plan the work programme and report on progress.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday March 29th