- iGENDA for the MEETING of the FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE of the Mumbles Community Council be held on Wednesday 30 March 2016 at 7pm, at the Council Office, Walters Crescent, Mumbles.
Apologies for Absence
- Declarations of Interest
- Minutes of the Meetings held on 5 January 2016
- Grant Request Baywood Community Centre
- Grant Request Tenovus
- Grant Request Mumbles Rangers Boys & Girls Club
- Letter requesting for grant from Holy Cross Church, West Cross
- Grant Request Mumbles Cricket Club
- Mumbles Gardens Bowling Green/Pavilion
- Letter from Kidney Wales re Walk for Life
- Letter from Byron Davies re ‘Save the Gower Cockle’.
- Letter of thanks from Bobath Children’s Therapy Wales
- Payments to Members of Community & Town Councils
- Next Meeting
To approve the Minutes of the Meeting held on 5 January 2016 as a correct record.
An article in the Evening Post, by Reporter ,Nino Williams tells us that ” Developers say they hope to re-open a historic Mumbles pub, which was frequented by Dylan Thomas, by the end on the year.
The Antelope on Mumbles Road shut in the mid-noughties but refurbishment work is under way with a view to opening a licenced premise ,with a coffee shop on the ground floor, as well as a terrace and to serve food.”
Oystermouth Primary School took first and second place in an inaugural netball tournament organised by Mumbles Community Council.
The round-robin event at Bishopston Sports Centre was for primary schools in the area, each of which entered two teams.
Members of the successful temas were presented with gold, silver or bronze medallions.
The council vice-chairman, Brian Arthur said: “It was a brilliant success. Everyone said how excititing it was”.
“We hope it will take place again next year.”